Congratulations! AGNR-IET department is now BRONZE certified!
The Green Office Program engages staff, faculty and students in voluntary, self-guided initiative that promotes best environmental practices at the University of Maryland. The prgram supports and promotes offices that are taking steps toward reducing their environmental footprint.
The Goals of the Program are to:
- Engage the campus community in activities that will strengthen the University of Maryland's position as a national leader in sustainability.
- Recognize and reward leadership in sustainability.
- Educate participants about how and why to take action.
- Support the University's Climate Action Plan and Strategic Plan.
- Further integrate sustainability into campus culture.
- Conserve water, save energy, minimize waste, and save money.
- Promote campus policies that support sustainability.
Being "green" is part of Terp culture. In 2008, the University Strategic Plan called on the campus to become a "national model for a green university." The GO program will help the university achieve not only its strategic plan. but also its Climate Action Plan goals. The program can save money and critical natural resources, such as energy, water and forests. True sustainability happens when it is embedded into our core operation and part of everyone's job. The Green Office program engages everyone in taking steps towards a more sustainable future.
What is an office?
Define your own office! An office is a work area (administrative, academic or service) that shares common areas and resources. It may include just one or all of the offices within a unit or division. You may have an office of 6 people or 60 people - all sizes are welcome to participate.